Thursday 19 January 2012

Waiting

Its been a strange week here at No. 23  Mostly spent nursing my back which "went"  on Sunday, improves then goes again.  Im at the doctors this afternoon. Im also waiting for deliveries.  Abit like being in limbo. 
Im waiting for a new printer.  Ironic.  We havent had a printer for ages, and now I have ordered one I can't wait for it to come.  Got a bargain on the internet, and it seems like everyone and his dog has done the same.  So still  tracking my order and  waiting for the backlog of orders to catch up with little old me. 

On a happier note I have received a phone call today saying my bargain wool I ordered in December is being delivered tomorrow. Ive ordered some Drops Wool Andes  65% wool  35% alpaca anhttp://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/yarn.php?id=97  Another great offer  that was on for 1 month (sorry expired now)  that  seems to have been very popular, as Ive had to wait for  my order,(which normally take only a few days to arrive).  
I really like this site for their wool, such good prices, and nice quality and they have free patterns to print off. 
Years ago I used to work in a wool shop, I loved it.  It was a time when I knitted and sewed all my own clothing. We  used to have a shelf in the back of the shop for wool that people put away and  collected on a weekly basis.  I used to have a shelf practically to myself.  What with sales and staff discount, I was always buying wool.  We dont have any wool shops at all around here anymore.  Just a few shelves in a local store selling mostly  acrylic wool.  Such a shame because I like to support small local businesses. 

Anyway nowadays I seem to be more of a sewer than knitter, because of the fast results, knitting small things.  But I am about embark on this jacket for one of my sons.
man wearing broken rib cardigan
The wool is super thick so hopefully I could possibly finish it for his birthday next month. Very excited. If I conquer this  it may make me look at knitting in a different aspect.  Just need to learn how to knit standing up or lying down :(









Image and video hosting by TinyPic


2 comments:

  1. I do hope your back gets better quickly. I love the cardigan for your boy, it does look like it will come together quickly. I'm all about knitting projects that can be done fast for quicker gratification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor you,I sympathise as my OH suffers with a bad back.Hope you feel improvement soon.
    Love the cardi..he'll be thrilled with that I should think. :0)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting, After all its whats blogging all about. Though I may not answerr all your comments I do appreciate and enjoy reading them all.
louise