Wednesday 11 July 2012

Having a great day.

Today is my birthday, as the weather is so unpredictable, Ive delayed my day out. Instead just pottering about, and enjoying my pressies 



A David Austin "Geoff Hamilton" rose bush.  I know just the spot for it. I used to love watching Geoff on BBC2.



   This delightful mug. 
Untitled


What more could I ask for 
1. l love my cuppa, 
2.  Its green, my favourite colour and 
3. its in a shape of a campervan 
three favourite things rolled into one.  My daughter knows me well.


A bottle of Baileys, which always goes down well.  The card on the right my friend made, even the rose, very clever. 

Sometime ago last year,  a friend of ours got a pet lamb for his girls, and I asked that when it was shorn if I could have the wool.  Well last night I had a visit and a present of a large sack of smelly lambswool. 



Today,  I took a bucket full of lambswool and and pair of rubber gloves and rinsed the smelly wool 6 times till the water was clear.  Now Im not sure what to do next. 


 I need to wash it, to get the lanolin out, and when Ive washed Im not sure what Im going to do with it.  It seems a shame to use it for stuffing, though it would make wonderful stuffing.  It would be lovely if I could felt it or have it spun and knit something, maybe a present for his girls.  Any ideas out there. please.  I.ve also been busy creating, it started with a sketch and 3 days later, I have created this lovely Yorkshire Lady, she seems abit like Marmite.  You either love or hate her!!   
Untitled
Image and video hosting by TinyPic





1 comment:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!!!! I hope you had a fabulous day. What wonderful pressies you received, the little mug is too cute! I'd love to drink my tea from something so sweet. Your Yorkshire lady is very lovely! You have such a creative mind.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting, After all its whats blogging all about. Though I may not answerr all your comments I do appreciate and enjoy reading them all.
louise