Tuesday 29 November 2011

Winters here

I hope you all had a good weekend.  Well it feels like winter here today.  The weelie bins are getting blown over with the large gusts of wind, they look like domino ralley all laid on there backs. The washings blowing a treat.  I feel a change of seasons upon us at No.23.



Fresh bedding and an extra winter blanket.  Im not a duvet person but  sheets and blanket, I find  suit us better.  This one cost me £3.00 from a local charity shop, and it feels like wool, even better.




 Its an intriguing pattern and I havent yet sussed out how it is made.  Each triangle appears to be made in one piece but I cannot fathom how they can be, maybe they were knitted on a circular needle. I would really like to know as it annoys me that I cant work it out.

heres the wrong side

and the right side

I know it isnt as pretty or co rdinated as any Cath Kidston bedding,   But I think there is something special about hand made blankets and cotton sheets.  
Oh Im SOoooo looking forward to my bed tonight

1 comment:

  1. It just boggles my mind how much work must have gone into that beautiful blanket yet it only cost you £3! I too would love to know how those triangles were knitted. It really is an amazing blanket. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting, After all its whats blogging all about. Though I may not answerr all your comments I do appreciate and enjoy reading them all.
louise